Chocolate, 3-5 oz, 5-16 SF, Buckskin Deer Hides
We accept returns on this product.
This product will be restocked as frequently as possible.
Exotics and US Domestic Deer, Elk, and Bison are available for shipment outside the US. However, you will need to contact us directly in order to purchase this product. Find more information on our Shipping FAQ Page.
This product is made in the USA!
Buckskin is known for its soft and pliable temper and the distinctively rustic look and texture. Another way to refer to buckskin is American or Domestic Deer. These hides are processed from wild deer and are typically 3-5 OZ in thickness, making them the perfect weight for garments, regalia, bags, moccasins, and much more. These hides are what we use to cut our Colorado Deerskin Lace - right here in-house!
- Style of Leather: Deer
- Choose Colors: Dark Brown
- Square Foot: 5-7 SqFt / 8-10 SqFt / 11-13 SqFt / 14-16 SqFt
- Thickness: 3 - 4 OZ (1.2 - 1.6 MM) / 4 - 5 OZ (1.6 - 2 MM)
- Texture: Flat Grain
- Temper: Soft
- Finish: Matte to a Slight Satin
- Tannage: Chrome Tan
- Blemishes: These hides are from wild deer, so most will have bullet holes, arrow holes, scars, scratches, and other blemishes. See a breakdown of the available grades below.
Premium hides will have a large clean area in the middle of each deer hide with no defects. The edges of the leather hides may have small holes or blemishes. The majority should, however, be uninterrupted by imperfections.
Economy hides will still be in decent condition. However, they may have more noticeable holes, scratches, and defects found throughout the deer hide. There is still a lot of usable leather on these hides - they didn't quite cut it to be premium.
Craft hides are rustic, meaning the hunters must have landed a few extra shots! Throughout the deer will be holes, scratches, and other defects. They might also be oddly shaped. These deer hides are perfect for small or patch projects.
- Price is per hide.
- This is a BULK LISTING. You will be receiving a hide similar to the picture.
- These hides will have natural edges and blemishes as they are wild deer.
- This leather can be shipped outside the United States with proper permits and inspections.
- Looking for other colors? You can find them here!
- Looking for Brain-Tanned deer, elk, or buffalo? Find those here!