DIY Leaf Moccasins / Video & PDF Tutorial with Patterns / Custom-Fitted Leather Barefoot Shoes
THIS IS NOT A FINISHED PRODUCT. YOU WILL RECEIVE A DIGITAL DOWNLOAD TO CREATE YOUR OWN PAIR. ALL SALES ARE FINAL - THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS.
With Lougaya’s video tutorials, even beginners can make themselves a custom-fitted pair of moccasins at ease, in less than a day.
Over the course of 2 hours of video tutorial, Lougaya will clearly and precisely explain how to make moccasins that truly fit the morphology of each individual person.
No sewing machine or experience is required, all will be done with very few, and simple tools. You won’t even need to draw your own pattern as printable patterns are supplied and will be easily adjusted to fit all sizes and various foot shapes (from size 3 to 12 US men).
That’s what sets Lougaya’s patterns apart from others that you would only get in standard sizes.
What are the "Leaf" Moccasins ?
They are soft-soled shoes or barefoot shoes. Made of 100% leather, they act and feel just like a second skin.
They will well protect your feet from sharp objects, dirt, etc; while at the same time allowing you to feel the ground’s texture.
They are suitable to wear indoors and outdoors although they will need to be re-soled once in a while for durability.
This design is made in 2 pieces of leather which allows you to use 2 colors. It is appropriate for people that need/like a larger toe-box and/or have a strong instep.
This DOES NOT include the leather and tools. Kits are available for purchase separately.
- Tutorials also cover the topics of choosing leather and tools, as well as making soles, leather balm, and more bonuses like different ideas to make use of offcuts.
- Lougaya offers ongoing support by email if you find yourself in doubt or stuck.
- With practice, a pair can be made in only 2-3 hours, but it will usually take about 1 day on the first trial.
- It is recommended to occasionally re-sole your shoes to guarantee their durability. This can be done with leather or a thin compact rubber sheet.
- This pattern will generally suit feet from size 3 to 11 US/34 to 44 EU men.
- Due to the digital nature of this product, please understand that we will not accept requests for refunds.
About the Creator
Lougaya is a young craftswoman from France who started making custom-made moccasins in 2016 while living in Australia. She used to sell her shoes at local craft and farmers’ markets and while traveling. Over the years, she has not only gained experience and skill in the making of moccasins but in teaching her craft in many live workshops to small groups of amateurs around the globe.