Digital Pattern DIY Moccasins and Boots Video Tutorial - Earthing Moccasins
We do not accept returns on this product due to restocking complications.
This product will be restocked as frequently as possible.
DIY Moccasins and Boots: The Base / 10 in 1 Video Tutorial about Patternmaking
This is a 10-in-1 video tutorial that is especially focused on pattern-making for moccasins and boots.
THIS IS NOT A FINISHED PRODUCT. YOU WILL RECEIVE A DIGITAL DOWNLOAD TO CREATE YOUR OWN PAIR. ALL SALES ARE FINAL - THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to make "the Base" moccasins, which is a traditional side-seam low moccasin. From that base, Lougaya will demonstrate in detail how to make over 10 variations of low moccasins and boots, including specifications for kids' shoes and adding a warm inner lining for winter shoes.
For more videos about the different styles that are covered by this tutorial, please see Earthing Moccasins’ Vimeo channel: https://vimeo.com/earthingmoccasins
What's interesting about this design is that it is easy to make from a footprint and a few measurements. The different variations will be the opportunity for Lougaya to reveal all the know-how and techniques that could be useful for you to create your own patterns and variations.
In fact, this tutorial is a “must-have” for people that want to grow in skill and creativity in the art of moccasin-making and will be particularly interesting for anyone that has "special" kind of feet and needs a custom-made pattern to best suit their needs.
Even though it is an extensive course, Lougaya has made it totally accessible to beginners.
No sewing machine or experience is required, all will be done with very few, and simple tools.
Upon purchasing this tutorial, you will gain instant access to the videos that will guide you step-by-step just as if you were watching over Lougaya’s shoulder. The video sections usually range from 5 to 30 minutes long and can be replayed as many times as you want.
You will also receive a PDF tutorial that highlights important details in large images and written explanations to help you keep track of each step in order. Even after your first pair, the PDF tutorial is a useful document to remember how to make them without having to watch all the videos again.
- This DOES NOT include the leather and tools. Kits are available for purchase separately.
- Tutorials also cover the topics of choosing leather and tools, as well as making soles, leather balm, and more bonuses like different ideas to make use of offcuts.
- Lougaya offers ongoing support by email if you find yourself in doubt or stuck.
- With practice, a pair can be made in only 2-3 hours, but it will usually take about 1 day on the first trial.
- It is recommended to occasionally re-sole your shoes to guarantee their durability. This can be done with leather or a thin compact rubber sheet.
- This pattern will generally suit feet from size 3 to 11 US/34 to 44 EU men.
- Due to the digital nature of this product, please understand that we will not accept requests for refunds.
About the Creator
Lougaya is a young craftswoman from France who started making custom-made moccasins in 2016 while living in Australia. She used to sell her shoes at local craft and farmers’ markets and while traveling. Over the years, she has not only gained experience and skill in the making of moccasins but in teaching her craft in many live workshops to small groups of amateurs around the globe.