Stingray are a fish commonly consumed in Southeast Asia, this is where the skins are sourced. They are in no risk of extinction. You will be receiving a stingray hide similar to the one that is pictured.
* Style of Leather: Stingray skin
* Colors: Sea Whip Red, Grape Kelp Burgundy, Pale Boxfish Yellow, Deep Ocean Blue, Abyss Black and Dark Seaweed Green
* Dimensions (approximately): 24" x 11" The dimensions are taken across the middle of the eye in both directions
* Thickness: 3-4 ounces on average
* Texture: natural grainy, full bead, polished
* Tannage: Chrome Tan
* Temper: Semi soft but very strong
* Defects: pinholes around edges and eyes, slightly uneven texture around eyes
* This is a bulk listing. The one you receive might be slightly smaller or larger than pictured
*Availability: Limited stock, will not be restocked once supplies run out
Some of the most common uses of stingray leather are: belts, shoes, handbags, bracelets, watch straps, wallets, inlays on bigger projects. Another term for stingray leather used during the Art Deco era was shagreen. Shagreen is popular in high end furniture, boxes, sword handles, among other uses.