Smoke Commercial Brain Tanned Bison
We accept returns on this product.
This product will be restocked as frequently as possible.
Exotics and US Domestic Deer, Elk, and Bison are available for shipment outside the US. However, you will need to contact us directly in order to purchase this product. Find more information on our Shipping FAQ Page.
This product is made in the USA!
- Leather Type: Bison Hide
- Color: Smoke
- Square Feet: 32-34 Sq Ft / 35-37 Sq Ft / 38-40 Sq Ft / 41-43 Sq Ft / 47-49 Sq Ft / 50-52 Sq Ft / 53-55 Sq Ft / 63-65 Sq Ft
- Square Dimensions: Will Vary
- 2 - 3 OZ (.8 - 1.2 MM)
- 3 - 4 OZ (1.2 - 1.6 MM)
- 4 - 5 OZ (1.6 - 2.0 MM)
- Texture: Suede
- Temper: Soft
- Finish: Natural Matte
- Tannage: Commercial Brain Tanned
- Blemishes: Most hides will have bullet holes, arrow holes, bug bites, scoring marks, and other blemishes.
- Our commercial brain tanned hides have every characteristic of fully brain tanned leather. They will have a strong bonfire smell.
- This is a BULK LISTING. You will be receiving an buffalo hide similar to the picture.
- These hides will have natural edges and blemishes as they are wild bison.
- This leather can be shipped outside the United States with proper permits and inspections.
Why Brain Tanned?
Our commercial brain tanned hides and traditional brain tanned hides are the only hides that can become wet and dry without losing their softness and flexibility. Most leather will stiffen and lose pliability.
When a hide is smoked, the non-water-soluble oil in the smoke bonds with the water-soluble oil in the hide, making all of it non-water-soluble. The smoke then provides lubrication to the fingers within the hide, which is what keeps the leather soft.