Saddle Tan English Bridle, 5-6 OZ Veg Tan Sides & Project Pieces, Artisan's Choice
We accept returns on this product.
This product is only available as long as supplies last.
Bridle Leather is vegetable-tanned using traditional methods and then has had both the flesh and grain side stuffed with greases and finished with wax. Doing this gives the leather an ultra-smooth appearance on both the back and front while creating a softer, more pliable leather than vegetable tanning alone.
- Leather Type: English Bridle Cowhide
- Color: Saddle Tan/Brown
- Square Foot: 6.5-7.5 SqFt / 18-20 SqFt / 21-23 SqFt / 24-26 SqFt / 27-29 SqFt / 30-32 SqFt
- Square Dimensions: Will Vary
- Thickness: 5 - 6 OZ (2 - 2.4 MM)
- Texture: Smooth
- Tannage: Dyed Vegetable Tanned
- Temper: Semi-Stiff
- Finish: Semi-Gloss
- Blemishes: These hides are top quality. They may have the following natural markings: bug bites, scars, brand marks, scratches, and other blemishes.
- Price is per hide.
- The back, or suede side, may vary from hide to hide.
- Project pieces are $1 more per square foot than sides.
- These leather pieces and sides are advertised and sold for their finished, or top, side. The backs may have tannery marks, score marks, writing, and other blemishes.
- Project pieces are listed in three sections. The top piece comes from the neck area, the middle piece towards the center of the leather, and the bottom piece is near the rump, or bottom, of the side. Middle pieces are more clean-cut and rectangular. The top and bottom pieces will feature more natural edges.
- This a bulk listing. You will receive a hide similar to the pictures. This leather is also available in pre-cuts.
This leather can be used in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to: purses, wallets, straps, belts, dog collars, and horse saddles.