You will be receiving the hide that is pictured.
- Style of Leather: Brain Tanned Deer
- Color: Smoke
- Square Feet: 11.2
Dimensions (squared): 24" x 33"
- Thickness: 1 1/2-2 ounces
- Temper: Soft
- Finish: Natural Matte
- Defects: holes, scars, score marks
It has been smoked... so it smells like it!!!
THIS HIDE HAS EVERY CHARACTERISTIC OF A FULLY BRAIN TANNED HIDE.
- Advantages to smoking hides: brain tanned hides are the only hides, that once becoming wet then dry, will remain as soft as they were prior to becoming wet. Another way to look at this is: all other leathers become stiff, after going thru the wet/dry cycle, except brain tanned hides.
- When a hide is smoked, the non-water-soluble oil in the smoke bonds with the water-soluble oil in the soup, making all of it non-water-soluble. The smoke provides lubrication to the fingers within the hide, which is what keeps the leather soft.