This is for the 1/2" basic Number Stamping Set. You will get the shown set. Great for personalizing your leather projects. You will receive the 9 numbers, plus the stamping handle.
- This leather stamping set, is only good for using on tooling leather [Vegetable tanned (veg tanned) leather].
- Another problem would be getting the leather too wet. You don't want the leather to get completely wet or soggy. Once your leather is wet, allow the top grain to dry slightly (wait till topgrain comes back to its natural color - then begin your design).
- As the topgrain drys, it may become necessary to re-wet the leather, especially for time consuming designs. Don't wait till the core is dry to do this, you will save a lot of time by keeping your leather at the proper moisture level.
- Strike your tool with a wooden, or plastic mallet. Using a metal-faced hammer will damage the tools.
- Work on a hard smooth surface.
- Use a glass or plastic cup to hold your water, a metal container could stain your leather.
- After stamping is all complete, you need to apply a finishing coat.