Hey Leather Guy Family,
We know many of you have been affected by the growing concern around coronavirus in our communities and we send our absolute best wishes to all those who have been impacted.
In the mean time, we want you to know that we are still here, open for business and shipping your orders in the timely manner you have become accustomed to. We will continue to be here for you, whether you have a question, a concern, or an order to place!
We have closed our doors to walk in customers to keep our local visitors, as well as our staff and their families, safe. We've done a deep clean of the shop and will continue to elevate our cleaning efforts and keep on top of that all important hand washing to make sure we are providing the healthiest experience for our staff and customers.
For those of you that may be out of work or school right now (we're looking at you teachers and students) remember that we offer a discount for you, as well as those of you that are active or retired Military. If you're looking for something to keep you busy, we can help with that!
Now is a time for caution, but definitely not fear! We're all in this together and we look forward to seeing you all on the other side of this! Thanks for sticking with us, it means the world to our little team.
Looking For Something To Do While Stuck At Home?
Social Distancing and self quarantine can sound like a massive bummer. But it's a good opportunity to look on the brighter side of things!
Things to do while Social Distancing:
1. Turn off the news: Dwelling on things isn't going to make you feel any better. Check the news in the morning, then set it aside for the day.
2. Tackle that to-do list of yours: There's always some chore or task we're putting off around the house (like painting the kitchen cabinets, ugh). Start your Spring cleaning a hair early. Now's the time to check it off and add a sense of accomplishment to your day!
3. Get some movement into your day: Sitting on the couch might get old and fast! Try some yoga or meditation to start your day on the right foot. Lift some weights if you've got them around the house. No weights? Do some curls with the milk jugs you stocked up on! Find some in home workout tips here
4. Get outside: Most local parks aren't closed and as long as you are abiding by safe distances from other people and washing your hands afterwards, there isn't any reason why you shouldn't get out in the sunshine. Spring is just about here and some fresh air will do everyone some good. Even if you just take a spin around your neighborhood, get out and shake off the dust.
5. Family movie night: Ask everyone to pick their favorite movie or pick a theme for the night, get in your PJ's, make some snacks, and hunker down on the couch for a mini movie marathon. Not sure where to start? Here's AFI's list of the Top 100 American Movies! Try and check them all off.
6. Start an epic board game: Remember when some games of Monopoly or Risk would take days to finish? Dust off the classics or order a new board game and settle in for some goodhearted shouting matches and a little low key cheating (or "misunderstanding the rules"). Many board games are available online so you can play with family across the country or just across town. Into D&D? Check out Roll 20 for an easy to use set up and don't miss a day in your campaign.
7. Learn a new skill: It's the perfect time to pick a new hobby for yourself, or with your family. Bust out the art supplies and try a new technique. Take some foreign language lessons online (there's lots for free). May we suggest leather working?
No idea what skills to work on?
Obviously, as a leather company, we have leather projects to recommend to you! Check out the great projects below keep your hands busy, your mind occupied, and pass the time. Make sure to reach out to us if you have questions about any of the leathers or tools used.
Good Projects For Novices or Kids:
|Leather Journal||Simple No Sew Leather Wallet||Leather Earrings|
|Leather Cuff Bracelet||Leather Sunglasses Case/Clutch||Leather Bookmarks|
Good Projects For Those That Are A Bit More Practiced (or Ambitious!):
|Leather Briefcase||Hand Painted Leather Headband||Leather Rucksack|
|Custom Leather Dog Harness||Tooled Knife Sheath||Tooled Leather Purse|
We pulled a few of these projects from Instructables. This is hands down one of our favorite sites out there because it is made by makers, for makers! There's loads of solutions and as the name implies, instructions, for creating new leather projects, and even more outside the world of leather working. Want to bake something new while you're stuck in the house? Make a cozy blanket to hunker down and watch movies under? You'll find it over there!
If you make any projects, be sure to share your work with the Instructable creators, they love to see how their plans work for others!
None of these leather projects strike your fancy? Email us with any ideas you've had bouncing around your head but aren't sure how to execute, and we'll walk you through some solutions. Just looking for inspiration? Our Pinterest has plenty of that to go around!
Be sure to check out our YouTube channel as well for some short and sweet how-to videos. As always, we are here to help in any way that we can!
Keep moving forward everyone!