Smoke Commercial Brain Tanned Deer
We accept returns on this product.
This product will be restocked as frequently as possible.
Exotics and US Domestic Deer, Elk, and Bison are available for shipment outside the US. However, you will need to contact us directly in order to purchase this product. Find more information on our Shipping FAQ Page.
This product is made in the USA!
Our commerical brain tanned hides have every characteristic of fully and naturally brain tanned leather. They will have a strong bonfire smell.
- Leather Type: Deerskin Hide
- Color: Smoke
- Square Feet: 4-6 SqFt / 7-9 SqFt / 10-12 SqFt / 13-15 SqFt / 16-18 SqFt
- Approximate Square Dimensions
- 4-6: 18" x 24"
- 7-9: 19" x 30"
- 10-12: 18" x 33"
- 13-15: 16" x 36"
- 16-18: 21" x 35"
- Thickness: 1 - 6 OZ (.8 - 2.4 MM)
- Texture: Suede
- Temper: Soft
- Finish: Natural Matte
- Tannage: Commercial Brain Tanned
- Blemishes: Most hides will have bullet holes, arrow holes, bug bites, scoring marks, and other blemishes.
Premium hides will have a large clean area in the middle of each deer hide with no defects. The edges of the leather hides may have small holes or blemishes. The majority should, however, be uninterrupted by imperfections.
Economy hides will still be in decent condition. However, they may have more noticeable holes, scratches, and defects found throughout the deer hide. There is still a lot of usable leather on these hides - they didn't quite cut it to be premium.
- Our commercial brain tanned hides have every characteristic of fully and naturally brain tanned leather. They will have a strong bonfire smell.
- This is a BULK LISTING. You will be receiving a deer hide similar to the picture.
- These hides will have natural edges and blemishes as they are wild deer.
- The 4-6 Sq Ft, 7-9 Sq Ft, and 10-12 Sq Ft ranges may include half hides.
- This leather can be shipped outside the United States with proper permits and inspections.
Why Brain Tanned?
Our commercial brain tanned hides and traditional brain tanned are the only hides that can become wet and dry without losing their softness and flexibility. Most leather will stiffen and lose pliability.
When a hide is smoked, the non-water-soluble oil in the smoke bonds with the water-soluble oil in the hide, making all of it non-water-soluble. The smoke then provides lubrication to the fingers within the hide, which is what keeps the leather soft.